Re: replace status bar mockups

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 27/05/10 21:51, Scott E. Armitage wrote:

Could we see some mockups with the status bar displaying outside the window
>> border? I have run into this situation in Chrome on OS X and Windows before
>> under certain circumstances, and frankly I prefer it to in-window overlays.
>> Of course if the window is near or at the bottom of the screen, we would
>> move the overlay up into the window as required.
>
> Interesting idea. Hard to achieve without window-manager support, though,
> and I think this is something I'd prefer to keep tight to the window itself.

Hmm, good point. Maybe something to keep in mind though as we move forward
and start having to deal with usability. I guarantee there will be people
that complain about the status bars getting in the way of what they are
trying to do =P

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28/05/10 14:55, dani planas armangue wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Maverick/daniel%20status%20buble?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=compact01.png

Nice

Agreed, I think these are much less in-your-face =)

-S

--
Scott Armitage, B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc. candidate
Space Flight Laboratory