Re: progress dialog mockups

On 2010-05-28, Alex Launi <alex.launi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, I said that the icon should display progress. I said nothing about
> mouseover. I even said *without moving the mouse*.

The wheel is an icon i generally have issues with, perhaps a question
of taste also, not only one of semantic design.

among the links i added, a description explains how the indicator
symbols should not be too noisy.. one frame per second max.. a
constantly turning wheel would be irritating in such a subtle
environment.

i also recommend considering every single frame to carry a semantic
difference that it indicates, perhaps compare to the messaging
indicator in this respect