Application Menu Testing, ongoing ...

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has responded to Jono's call for testing the
application menu[1]. Now that this has kicked off I'd like to explain
the plan moving forward. First off, the wiki page with all the
information on this project is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu

If anything is unclear to you from that page or there is anything that
is confusing to you please ping me (or better yet, fix it!). Since
last week was the initial drop of this code as you can see from the
application grid that we have a bunch of red. Ted and Cody are going
to work over the next few days to get the major breakage sorted out.
>From now on the DX team will release every Thursday, and Ken Van Dine
will upload these to the Unity PPA either on that day or on Friday. It
will be uploaded to Maverick for Alpha _2_ and later.

Since most apps are broken right now it probably doesn't make sense to
report bugs on the menu until after the release this Thursday. After
that we will go app by app to get all the ones on the status grid
fixed and then move on to applications in universe as time allows.
Anyone have any questions on the plan?

[1] http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/05/28/testing-indicator-application-menu-support/

--
Jorge Castro