Re: mail-indicator, as an improvement of evolution-indicator

2010/6/3 Jeremy Nickurak <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> The mail-notification package, with a fix for ssl support, and support for
> the messaging menu, would be ideal here, I think. Gm-notify (
> https://launchpad.net/gm-notify ) does great for gmail apps

Yes, it is.

> Tricky on this one. The nice thing about an independantly configurable mail
> checker (imo) is that you don't neccesarilly use the notifier in the same
> way as your mail client. You might want notification only about a few select
> folders/labels/accounts, but your mail checker will generally interact with
> everything.

Well, but I think user should be not forced to retype its account
configuration. So mail-indicator should read Evolution/Thunderbird/whatever
and import it. But user could disable some accounts.

> b-c are easy. d is tricky with web-mail. gm-notify can open a particular
> folder in a client, but we need an API of some kind to say "open the mail
> client, with folder X".

If I'm not in wrong, mail-notification does it.