Re: Putting some brakes on the enthusiasm

Sooooo... am I the only one thinking the food metaphors aren't worth me
getting emails over? :P

Mark, I think that would be a great approach and a good thing to set into
motion. There are a number of skilled user/devs who would gladly patch this
stuff if they knew that it was actually worth the effort and would go
upstream. If we increase the amount of communication that such hacks and
patches are going to be honored and integrated by ayatana (pending whatever
review process you all will do) then a lot of those rough edges will get
smoothed quickly.