Re: Ubuntu themes(future) - a mislead user's musing

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 23:50 +0200, dani planas armangue wrote:
> ok, I created a small image that ilillustrates some of my arguments. it
> is true that these are bugs that must be corrected, but I think there is
> much discusion on the general theme design,
> first need think, then do.
>
> http://img227.imageshack.us/f/bugse.jpg/
>

> ;)
> PD: form precedes function.

First image on top, you are using Nautilus-elementary[not the default
nautilus] , which is why you are having the difference in the button
sizes of pathbar and toolbar buttons. > File a bug in
nautilus-elementary . We'll get to it ;)

The 3 buttons you are comparing are different buttons hance the
difference: text-only , text+icon *toolbar* buttons, Icon-only toolbar
buttons from inkscape.

FYI , you can change the inkscape buttons sizes from inkscape
preferences. Not a theme bug , it is an inkscape setting.
So if you feel the inkscape icon size is small , it needs to be fixed in
inkscape to change the default icon size. [Though , it would be
preferably to have more space to work with and less toolbar size, not
sure why you want bigger buttons there.]

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 00:51 +0200, dani planas armangue wrote:

> >Something is strange here. Those screenshots are clearly not using
> >the default theme. I thought the default theme was what is being
> >discussed here?
>
> >Also, the difference between gedit and inkscape... isn't this an
> >application setting?
>
> this is not the default theme that comes in lucid, which is working to Maverick Merkat
>
> https://launchpad.net/~dashua/+archive/light-themes
>
> Daniel.P

Argh! Most importantly, the source of Dani's confusion :
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/maverick-to-ship-with-new-transparent.html
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/well-thats-nice-volume-slider-minor.html

This whole thread is a waste of everyone's time based on a couple of
misleading posts!

Earlier that lp branch was named light-themes-testing which has
_mislead_ the blogger to the assumption that this would be used in
Maverick.
On seeing the blog posts, I had to request dashua to rename the branch
and now it is named dashua-themes-testing. But still people are directed
there due to the blogs.

MPT had clearly mentioned in the comments[of the first post] that this
blog post had *not* been fact-checked and is a wrong assumption. However
all those comments have now been deleted!

People should be a little more responsible while blogging, we obviously
have naive readers who are being wildly mislead.

--
Cheers,
Vish