Re: How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

Just so folks are clear on direction:

 - we would like to move to Connection Manager ("connman") in due
course, for its cleaner, more pluggable, testable and maintainable
architecture
 - we have a detailed, signed-off design for the indicator associated
with that at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking
 - MPT is working on supporting designs, such as settings
 - implementation has started on the indicator and code contributions
are welcome
 - we aim to use this for 10.10 Netbook Edition (not desktop) unless it
fails badly
 - you can test this today using the indicator-network-developers PPA
and wiki.ubuntu.com/ConnMan iirc

In general, it would be best to focus Ayatana design conversations
around that work, or talk about its engineering on ayatana-dev. Network
Manager can use love too, but best to direct that to the list for that
project.

Mark