From: Jorge
To: ayatana-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ayatana
Sent: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:36:30 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: [Ayatana] Application Menu bug consolidation and plans

Hi everyone,

After this report I will be posting application menu status reports on
ayatana-dev, so if you're interested in the nitty gritty details of
application menus, that will be the place to be! I've just had a call
with David Barth and some of the members from the desktop team on app
menus, and here are the details:

After looking through the bugs with the applications most bugs with
GTK apps fall into three categories:

 1. Application Menu not working at all. Filed a tracking bug # 594226
 2. Application Menu working, but only showing parts of the menu.
Filed tracking bug # 594228
 3. Application Menu working, but showing the menu out of order. Filed
tracking bug # 594230

I've gone through the 60(!) bugs reported so far and have categorized
(duped) most of them to follow one of these three bugs. For this week
Cody and Ted's priority will be to work on these major bugs, as
they're the major problems. After that we can move on to the other
bugs.

If you have file a bug so far for application menus:

 1. Thanks! (No, I mean it, even if your bug got duped)
 2. Please update from the Lucid/PPA (or you can just use vanilla
maverick) and see if any of the older problems got fixed.
 3. Please follow along the master bug if this affected an app you reported.
 4. If your bug hasn't been duped then it's probably another issue or
needs to be checked again.

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com