Re: VPN

Hi,

Am 14.06.2010 16:21, schrieb Shane Fagan:
> I see you guys are planning the design of the networking menu. My
> question is do you really need vpn in there? Is it something that we
> need to expose to every user? Barely any desktop (or netbook) user uses
> vpn at all they mainly use normal lan, dsl or mobile so why not add a
> configure networks menu item instead as a catch all and add vpn if they
> are using it? Thoughts?

Probably a lot of students, professors and university staff use VPN on
their notebooks, as universities often require it if you want to use
their WLAN. At least here in Germany. There are also people who work
from home (at least occasionally) and need VPN to connect to their
company's network.

So I definitely would like to have an easy way to start a VPN connection
(directly in the indicator). It is like this even on my cellphone, which
has very limited screen space. But it would be ok for me if the VPN
options are only shown if a VPN connection has been configured.

Greetings, Philipp