Re: Is it time we killed "minimize to tray" ?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 14:08 +0100, Luke Benstead wrote:
> > Is there a reason why DockbarX is not suitable for this? I've attached
> > a screenshot incase people dunno what I'm talking about :)
>
> That is what you would get if you removed the ... from the bar when they
> get resized.
>
> I never understood why there was a ... when no text could fit.
>
> Martin,

Fwiw, this has always been one of my biggest frustrations w/ KDE--taskbar
items get shrunk quickly so the majority of the space for the
program/document name is taken up with ellipsis. Of course, if items are
shrunk, it's because you have a lot of them, which means more and more
ellipsis and less and less actual text.

I don't mean this a bash on KDE (for all I know this has changed
dramatically in 4.4--I haven't tried it in a while). I'm just simply
pointing out that ellipsis in the taskbar communicate very little
information. They provide a lot of noise and very little real information.

--
Peaces,

Jake