Re: Is it time we killed "minimize to tray" ?

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:10, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 14:08 +0100, Luke Benstead wrote:
> > Is there a reason why DockbarX is not suitable for this? I've attached
> > a screenshot incase people dunno what I'm talking about :)
>
> That is what you would get if you removed the ... from the bar when they
> get resized.
>
> I never understood why there was a ... when no text could fit.

How simple a solution can be! Did you file a bug on this already?
;)

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 15:08, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And if anyone is willing and able to fix gnome-panel to make long-lived
>> minimized windows more compact, please submit patches for that too. :-)
>>

> Is there a reason why DockbarX is not suitable for this? I've attached a
> screenshot incase people dunno what I'm talking about :)

Because DockbarX [1] doesn't fix the problem.
AIUI, DockbarX shows small untitled buttons (every)where Window List would
show large titled ones, in that way it does not behave properly for the
proposed fix-to-be-made.
I do like much of the ideas, especially initiating the compiz window picker
from dockbarx is cool

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQq9kPsCQE