Re: Brainstorming the Me Menu again

hi appi

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 23:56, Apoorva Sharma <appi2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I really like this idea. I've used it to make a mockup of my own. I've made
> 3 mockups:
>
>    - The view a user sees on an unconfigured install.

i like!

>    - A user with both a broadcast account and a chat account configured,
>    but not signed in to chat ("Offline, but that's a bad description")
>    - A user with both accounts configured and signed into chat.
>
> I've also consolidated the settings into one "Manage Accounts" menu item.
> Take a look at my mockup here:
> https://cacoo.com/diagrams/ahMLE47Yv1fior3p
>
> What do you think?

the manage accounts thingy is really progress, imo.
I'd use the "on - off" switches from mpt's new networking spec on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=network-menu-simple-sabdfl.jpg

that would help with consistency and reduce clutter.
Then perhaps consider using visual metaphors for available and busy, instead
of (only) color.