Re: Blue for information

Hi Luke ;)

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:42, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A while back we were discussing using blue to represent "information" in
> the indicator applets. Mark said it was worth looking in to:
> https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg01205.html
>
> I'm bringing this up again, because with the discussion about a green
> "flash" to indicator success of Me Menu updates, it looks to me at least
> that green for new messages (information) as well as to represent a
> successful action completing seems inconsistent. IMO blue (which seems to be
> a pretty globally used colour for conveying information) would be more
> suitable.
>
> I'm not sure if using blue was investigated, the thread seemed to trail off
> soon after, did this just get forgotten?

i think during the alphas and betas of lucid we had blue for incoming
messages. i'm sure there's one way or the other to explain green as a
semantically logical means here, perhaps because of the importance of actual
human communication events.
Green is also brighter and therefore more discoverable than blue, for
example.