Light Sound Theme

Sorry if this is a duplicate... I changed my e-mail address for the mailing list because of problems sending through my Hotmail account.

Are there any plans to replace the sound theme in Maverick? For Lucid there was an effort to find a sound theme through the community through Ubuntu forums <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1430480&page=9> and Launchpad bug #539169 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-sounds/+bug/539169>. Ultimately it was decided that there wasn't enough time to replace the Lucid sound set before release.

I am the musician behind the favored sound set <http://launchpadlibrarian.net/44481260/Ubuntu_Light_sound_theme_1.0.tar.gz> from those efforts, and I want to make sure that I can provide everything that is needed for the new sound scheme. My goal so far has been to produce more than one possibility for each sound so those on the design team can choose what they think works the best. Obviously it will all need to be appropriately packaged into a GNOME sound theme at some point, which I don't know how to do, but I could probably figure it out if necessary. I figured it would be best to provide options first and let the design guys decide on the final theme.

So I guess I just need to know the following:

   * What sounds are currently missing from my theme that need to be
     created?
   * Is a sound theme change still in consideration for Ubuntu?
   * Is my sound theme going in a satisfactory direction, or would you
     rather look elsewhere for a new sound theme?

I'm willing to work with the design team on whatever changes are requested, and I hope I can give back to Ubuntu even a fraction of what Ubuntu has given me over the years.

-~Chris

Follow ups