Re: Keyring passwords

Hey Dieki,

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 09:47 -0500, Dieki N wrote:
> Therefore, requiring a user password for the keyring is nearly
> useless; and it's annoying to have to enter one's password when
> launching Gwibber\Empathy, particularly if they run on startup.  Based
> on these reasons, it might be a good idea to use unsafe storage for
> passwords by default, with a good way to turn it on for those users
> that want it.

I don't think the password is asked for if the hash of the user's
password is the same as the keyring password.

I got this information from the fact that in 9.10, changing the password
in the administration > users dialog and it does the right thing and
updates the keyring. But change your password in Prferences > About Me,
it doesn't and there after you'd be asked for your keyring password
after logging in.

Martin,