Re: Compiz Search Filter for default

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Frederik Nnaji
<frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello dear CompizConfig Developers in this list, if there are any.. are
> there any?
> A great thank you for how you did the search filter in CompizConfig Settings
> Manager, that's the kind of filter that makes sense.
> The gtkfilechooser module was reinvented in Sezen, still its legacy or
> better to say "aging" version deserves some love i say!
> let'S give the quick search filter another look real quick here:
> in CompizConfig Settings Manager, our main control interface to the window
> manager software control, the search filter for text elements is openly
> visible, affording itself to the user:
> There are too many controls to fit into one page, so a UI object should
> provide for a way to instantly focus initially invisible objects.
> A scrollbar doesn't give instant access to an object, as a visually
> optimized list or gallery would for example do.
> ¹ check the attached screener for visual reference!
> ² how would this look on all scrollable pages in 10.10 (pages or dialogs,
> unable to display all of their content at once automagically) ?
> greetings..

Yes, developers do lurk on this list, but if your query is directed
towards CCSM itself you should use the appropriate
community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

As for your question, I don't really understand what you mean - are
you saying that for places where there are "too many options" only the
most "important" ones should be available first?

In that case, I would say application designers should really focus on
providing only important configuration modules. Compiz is a special
case since it was designed with full configuration in mind.

CCSM does not ship with Ubuntu linux. You should instead use Simple
CCSM if you wish to make basic configurations to Compiz.

Cheers,