Re: Time & Date indicator settings dialog

Can I make an observation on the date/time control?  I found that the
calendars on a large amount of my public facing terminals kept having the
wrong date and eventually tracked it down to the fact that people often want
to know what day it is on a certain date, so they used the default Windows
XP date/calendar tool ­ with the side effect of actually changing the date
in the process.  I say this because Microsoft have obviously spotted this
behaviour too and in Windows 7 clicking the date will give you a calendar,
but it will not change the date.  I¹ve noticed that this feature is
specified in the Monthly Calendar option in your provided link (Whenever
³Monthly calendar² is checked, the calendar should be present.) but appears
to be disabled by default and seems more about displaying events.

If you do do any work on this maybe bear the use-case of needing to know
what day a date falls on in mind as a situation such as ³I¹ll meet you next
Tuesday, what date is that?² is probably more common than you¹d think and
having the information available in the date/time panel indicator by default
seems to fit well with users expectations.

Cheers!