Re: OMG!Ubuntu a bane or a boon? [was]Re: The new default wallpaper

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 15:38 +0000, Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi wrote:
> > We could all be more productive if people spent half that time, they
> > > spend commenting, on something more useful.
>
> They think they're being more productive then they are. Pointing out
> failings and being critical as you say is important. But these guys tend
> to be far more brutish and far less responsible with what they say.

This is the post from OMG! Ubuntu!
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/08/ubuntu-1010-default-wallpaper.html
<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/08/ubuntu-1010-default-wallpaper.html>The
article has nothing brutish in it. The comments are not by the authors
though.

Ayatana is a collective effort to improve the user experience of software in
> and for Ubuntu. It encompasses a number projects started by Canonical and is
> open for *feedback*, ideas and initiatives from the community. Activities
> reach from problem definition, research and conception to implementation.

I think what they did legitimate, there is your feedback, from non community
members.

> Which is something the CoC was designed to help with.

I don't know which CoC you are referring to here: the OMG or the Ubuntu one,
but in both cases the comments made are not by the people who posted it.