Re: Restart Required

Hello Scott,

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 05:01, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Frederik Nnaji" <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 19:58, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> Ayatana

> for
> and
> >> few

> >> the
> ask
> >>
> >> Right is a function of the audience.  I think that CLI package
> management
> >> users are more likely to be annoyed by excessively nanyish warnings from
> >> their
> >> package manager than helped by them.
> >>

> >I agree, "right" depends on who's lookin.
> >
> >on another note..
> >i'm feeling like there's still too much developer vs consumer here..
> Traits
> >of elitarism.
> >The new concept is prosumer aka community-driven, everyone contributes,
> >using is participating already. There is also little sense in classifying
> >groups of users by the applications they use in this particular context:
> >community is a classless system.
>
> That's only true if you don't care about losing the people that got Ubuntu
> to the edge of the chasm. I'm reasonably certain that's not the case.

I meant no harm or disrespect to the great characters who shaped much of
what we know as "Free" today..

My personal point of view is simply that software under the hood of "Ubuntu"
will be unreasonable, if it splits the community into a system of classes..
I am open for other opinions: perhaps you expand on why community is not a
classless system .. or did i get you wrong in all?