Re: Global Menu behaviour

I've been using a global menu in Gnome (via
gnome2-globalmenu<http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/>)
for a couple years now. Because it doesn't work with a few applications
(Firefox and OpenOffice), I have a bit of experience with trying to use the
menu in two different places.

Simply put: it's confusing, mostly from a muscle-memory point of view. When
using the global menu, you ALWAYS expect the menu to be in the same place.
When it's not, it takes a little while to remember where it should be.

That said, I'm only one person, and I use the global menu on a small (14")
laptop screen, so my experience shouldn't be taken as universally
representative.

Jake