Re: How to handle multi-window launcher icons

Hi Christian,

I personally think that expose could be too much of a change for a simply
> roll over action. This doesn't mean that we can't give a clue from the roll
> over to make the click=>expose more predictable.

I'm not sure we're understanding each other here. When you mention expose
there, are you talking about the same expose effect Unity does now when you
click the workspace switcher? Or about the desktop spread I was proposing?

If you mean the latter, please bear in mind that I'm not proposing a full
expose but merely a window preview, not unlike Compiz's alt+tab effect,
which is much less intrusive than expose.

Also, when you mention click → expose, do you still mean the window spread I
propose, or the actual app-specific expose that Unity does now when you
click the icon of an active launcher?

Please let's try to use more specific vocabulary:

   - Window spread: thumbnails of an app's windows, triggered when the mouse
   hovers over a launcher icon.
   - App expose: expose effect that happens when you click on the launcher
   icon of an active window.
   - General expose: expose effect that happens when you click the workspace
   switcher.

Also, can I ask if you have an alternative method to launch a second stance
of a running app from the launcher? Or from dragging a file to a covered
window? They were the two main points from my previous message (the latter
being a BIG usability regression) and I really don't see a way to have them
in the launcher's current implementations.

Cheers,

David.