Re: Sound Menu

Thanks Conor,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 17:12, Conor Curran <conor.curran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hey folks,
>

>   It might be specced, but it's not implemented. I didn't find a bug for
> that yet, so here's a new one:
> "no visible focus on horizontal controls"
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-sound/+bug/673185
>
>  the keyboard controls don't work for me, yet, i guess that's still in the
> making, is it?
>

> Conor is the right person to ask on this!
>
>  Yes the keyboard handling and hover behaviour of the play/skip button has
> yes to be implemented.
> I did make an attempt late in the Maverick cycle to get this done but was
> unhappy with results.
> I do hope to get this into Natty for Alpha1 (3 weeks!)

looking forward to an even better experience .. yeah!

Since this is about horizontal control elements, how about using the same
concept for the "Output Volume Item", too?
The spec says (about the volume to zero button):

A borderless, mouseover-less button that sets the volume to zero (as
> distinct from muting it). The icon for the button should
> be audio-volume-low-zero(in the default theme, a speaker with no sound
> waves).

Does this mean that the entire "Output Volume Item" will receive visible
focus on hover?
Spec says the following about the entire row:

The item should highlight when navigated to, or on mouseover, just as normal
> menu items do, but the item should not be activatable (clicking it or
> pressing Enter should not close the menu)

Semantically correct would be to light up the "Output Volume to Zero" item
briefly upon CTRL+LEFT, equivalently the same for CTRL+RIGHT, if i'm not
completely mistaken.. And of course to highlight only the fader at first
when the "Output Volume Item" is navigated to.

My shot at this is that the Spec needs to be updated for consistency in this
little place..
Thoughts?