Re: Do Not Disturb---across multiple applications

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:21, Sohail Mirza <mirzmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like "Busy" is exactly the status you would want.
>

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Paul Sladen <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>> > Part of the attractiveness ... is they save you from having to
>> > make the same change in multiple applications.
>>
>> I hit an interesting use-case two nights ago.
>>
>>  1. Six-way conference call on Skype
>>  2. Messages still coming in via Empathy and interupting
>>
>> I was afraid to set myself offline in the MeMenu incase it kicked me
>> off the conference call in Skype (Skype is probably not quite
>> integrated, but the presumption is that it would be long-term).
>>
>> Perhaps that setting would have been "Busy", but I didn't dare try it!

In that case, perhaps Busy needs more affordance.. and the consequences of
going "busy" should be more obvious and wider..
I still suggest adding an extra item, just like hotel room door handles
have: "Do Not Disturb", but i might be off track, hint me.
It could go somewhere, coulnd't it?
Duhh, if we had an Indicator "System Menu", things would be so much easier
to conceive ;) ...