I don't think global menu and the panel is good for a touch OS

Hello guys,

I have seen the 10.10 netbook and 11.04 Alpha, Unity dock is a big
improvement but I think global menu is not a good idea with the following
reasons. (At first I though it was a modified gnome panel)

   - Panel-based OS certainly not work for touch OS because :
      - panels take precious horizontal space of a widescreen and it's not
      match for vertical either. A small panel at the edge of screen is really
      hard to touch it precisely and increasing the size is just wasting screen
      space. Especially for netbooks with 1024x600 screen resolution.
      - This will just follow the Microsoft Windows 7 mistake, it sucks on
      netbook with touchscreen. I have tried both Unity and Windows 7 on Lenovo
      S10-3 and I barely use touch screen because it's so annoying
when you miss a
      touch. What will happen if small Close/Minimize/Maximize buttons
went on the
      top edge ?
   - Implementing global would be worthy if it had been done a few years ago
   but doing it now is out-of-date since touchscreen is coming. If the aim is
   to persuade the users from Mac with the similar interface with a plus of a
   Unity dock then this is a big mistake (I just guess for the reason, may
   be I'm wrong), in contrast Ubuntu users that affordable for a Mac would
   go for it. Ubuntu would be compared as a second class product that following
   around the successors.

The solution I would like to introduce is to implement the whole panel
functionality into Unity dock. Make the whole OS be able to controlled by
the dock, may be widgets on top of the dock such like Docky Anchor icon and
Network Manager and Notification area.

I know this is just an opinion which people may both agree or oppose but
please kindly take this idea into consideration. I try to introduce the idea
for half year and I've got to know the mailing list at last. I'm a plain
user who leave Windows behind and go for Ubuntu for 2 years and try out
everything since 9.10. I've always looking forward to the next one. Please
let me know if I could help anything. Hope my opinion is helpful for you.

PS. If you found that this mail is in the wrong place, please let me know
the right place to send it. I would be really grateful.

Follow ups