Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 23:29, Mitja Pagon <mitja.pagon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've raised this issue before in various places, but I never got any
> response, so I'm really, positively surprised to see the same issues raised
> by someone from Canonical.

I also raised this issue in a bug report[1], and was informed that it
would be discussed by 'design'. The bug was later closed, with the
elaboration that "we're now committed to this course for Natty".

The thing I find jarring is that we have this mysterious design team
that basically discusses things behind our backs here at Ayatana. I
understand that a small team with face-to-face meetings can be
beneficial to design, but a problem lies in communication and
collaboration between the team and Ayatana. I have no idea how this
secret discussion lead to the closure of my bug.

--
Remco

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/717450