Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Do you know of any Ubuntu application that was trying to use its menu
> titles as an "indicator" in the first place?

The Gimp and various other MDI applications prepend an asterisk ('*')
to the front of the window title to show an edited, but unsaved work.

Whilst I am aware of the convention, I don't notice it and there are
probably better ways of conveying "if your machine naughtily crashes
right now $some unspecified amount of work will be lost".

	-Paul