Re: What to do with the menubar on non-full screened windows.

>    1. Confusion on which application the menu is for.

The Menu is always for the window with focus. There's also the window title that tells you.

>    2. Having to move the mouse an obscene amount

While this is true, it's easier to hit the menu because they are always in the same place, and along the edge of the screen. You can fling the mouse up and get the menu because the screen edge will stop the cursor in the hot-spot for showing the menu.