Re: Alt-Tab and switching

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Pippa Kyle <pippa.kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any thoughts on this, and what would be good for Unity?

For power-users, the more important thing is that the window switcher
applet appear and respond immediately. On my multi-core
name-brand-graphics-card machine, it takes about a quarter-second for
the applet to show after I strike the tab-key. That response time is
totally unacceptable - it shouldn't take more than 0.03 seconds (1
"frame" of standard 30FPS video) for the UI to respond to a keyboard
shortcut, and ideally should take less time than that. If something in
the current system makes that delay necessary, we should change the
system enough that an immediate response can be given.

And let's be honest, it's mostly power-users who know and utilize the
alt-tab shortcut for window management.