Re: BFB

On 13 April 2011 13:15, Jeremy Bicha <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could we please call it the Ubuntu button? Calling it the Home button
> is confusing since it is directly located above a much bigger button
> with a home icon that opens the home folder. The BFB does not look
> like a home at all, nor should it since it has nothing to do with the
> home folder. I have always called it the "Ubuntu button" and I believe
> that is the best name for it.

On second thought, I thought we were talking about the Ubuntu user
documentation. There I think Ubuntu button is more appropriate. For
Unity-specific, distribution-neutral documentation, Ubuntu button
would not be suitable. I mean, I don't have a problem if Fedora called
it the Fedora button for their users and having Fedora continue to
call it the Ubuntu button would be ridiculous.

It could also be called the Dash button, or the Dash launcher...

And that brings up another terminology question. What should we call
the icons in the launcher? Launcher items doesn't sound very precise
to me. Perhaps launcher shortcuts or launcher favorites. Or we could
just call them launchers and call the area that they sit in, the
launcher panel. (There's also the obvious name of "dock" but I believe
that's being intentionally avoided.)

Jeremy Bicha