Re: Awesome critical review of Unity

----- "Luke Benstead" <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sigh, OK, I'll explain it again:
>
> 1. Displaying the title in the panel *alone* isn't a problem
> 2. Displaying the title in the panel AND merging the maximized window
> is a problem
>
> Why? Because the panel becomes the maximized window's title bar, so
> now you have the wrong title on the window.
>
> Add that in with menus, menu hiding and window controls and you have a
> total mess.
>
> Luke.

You are right it's a mess. What I want to know, and that is why I posted the message that started this latest discussion, is what are the reasons for current behavior? There has been no official response, the closest that I could find was some answer by Mark Shuttleworth on askubuntu.com, but that made as much sense as wearing sunglasses at night.
I find id curious that no one involved with unity/canonical has commented on this issue, it almost seems as they are ignoring it.

Cheers,
Mitja