Re: The top right thing

On 18 April 2011 19:08, Ryan Prior <ryanprior@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I believe it's called the "Session menu" (at least, it was until some
>> bright spark decided to shove a system-wide control panel underneath
>> it - I assume it still is).
>
> Yeah, I was wondering why that fit there. I have to imagine it's
> because they really wanted people to find it, but not bad enough to
> put a link to it in the launcher; and not until they wanted to suspend
> or shut down their machine.

I think it's just there because there is nowhere else to put it. I
think it's badly positioned though, everything else in that menu
related to ending or suspending the session in some way. Not only does
a system wide control panel not belong there but it's really annoying
having it positioned right where Shutdown was.

I just think now that Unity is being rushed for Natty, and it shows.

Luke.