Unity suggestions

Hello,

I'd like to suggest getting rid of the menu under the Ubuntu logo in top
left corner in favor of the plus lens button (the gray one on the bottom)
which opens the most used program list by default.

I'd personally favor most recent app list to be the closest at hand, the
browser "market" shows a trend in having the homepage show last used pages
and it seems to work out for them just fine.

Perhaps the two could switch places.

Or, at least make it possible to drag the plus lens button about inside the
left hand taskbar/icon menu introduced in Unity.

Another thing butchering unity for me is the lack of support for GNOME panel
applets - like the sensors-applet showing data from lmsensors or the
workspace switcher.

As for the workspace switcher mechanism itself, i can't fall out of the
admire I feel towards GNOME 3 shell as regards the way the GNOME developers
have thought out moving windows between workspaces and desktops.

Its simplicity itself and caught my eye definetly, made me smile at how easy
it was to sort out.

Btw, would be good to have options of moving the unity bar about - top left
right - gnome2 allowed for such customizations - moving taskbars about - I
personally think giving users functionality, and then taking it away from
them when making a theoretical step forward, even if its justified from
another point of view, is not the best move.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Pozdrawiam/Regards,

//m.
--
logika kończy się tam, gdzie zaczyna się człowiek.
logic ends, when humanity begins.