Re: Home button in launcher

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:49, Niklas Rosenqvist
<niklas.s.rosenqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it would be nice to include a configuration setting for the
> home button in the launcher. I would much rather it pointed to
> "Computer" so that I quickly get an overlook over what's mounted and
> such. Other options can be to fix a default quick list for the home
> folder or an option to add nautilus to the launcher (now when you
> search for it in a lens you can't find it).

The action associated to the Ubuntu button needs to become user-configurable:
you would prefer that it opens "Computer".

In a very recent thread named "Unity suggestions" , the poster is
suggesting that
the Ubuntu button should open "Applications"  (instead of Dash).

I would prefer that the same button opens a "classical" applications menu where
it's possible to quickly hover the mouse to the desired category and
applications.

So the best thing would be to have a customizable "Ubuntu" button .
There is no need to change the default behavior  , as long as there is
a possibility
to configure it .

> as a side note have I noticed how irritated I'm getting over the
> global menu bar, why isn't the menu bar entries shown all the time? I
> never think of they even existing without accidentally hovering it.

+1 vote
The auto-hiding should be user-configurable, and preferably "off" by default .

Best regards,
Adrian M