Re: Idea for improving visibility of running applications

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Niklas Rosenqvist
<niklas.s.rosenqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just read Bartosz mail about that the running applications aren't always
> so easy to see and got an idea. Some icon sets, like Faenza which I use, is
> very colorful and since the icons are squared they almost fill the whole
> icon place holder so that the illuminated background isn't helping very
> much. Therefore for the next iteration of Unity it would be nice to have a
> option to desaturate (grey-out) applications which aren't running. So that
> the toggle function illuminates the background and makes it easy to spot the
> coloured applications instead in midst of the grey ones.
>
> What are your thoughts on that?

I'm not sure that would work very well: the default launcher would end
up this ugly grey strip since no programs are run when you first log
on. As an user-selected option it might be ok though.

Evan