don't allow windows to show up in 2 workspaces

I would like to see a way to prevent windows that are past the edge
of a workspace from showing up in other workspaces.

Or if I am missing this option somewhere, i apologize and would
someone point me to it?

I think in the past it worked with multiple desktops (one viewspace
per desktop) but I haven't been able to get that to work using
with unity, the pager, and my 3x3 grid of workspaces.

I usu drag a window off the edge to get it out of the way.  But
having it show up in the next workspace also puts it in the way.

Thanks!