Re: Unity Window Management Improvements

 2011/5/15 Ed Lin <edlin280@xxxxxxxxx>
> [...] Though I have to say I really don't
> like the hover in the Win 7 taskbar, mouse clicking or clicking and
> dragging is faster. The sole reason for this feature after all is
> speedy access to all windows.

Is it really needed to have a delay on showing the windows for the current
applications? I know Windows 7 has it and I prefer the hover over the
clicking when using a touchpad since it's much more comfortable not having
to click and do extra movements. But can't this be solved with hover and a
minimal delay?

> Unlike Win 7 there is an "expose" view
> so if those window thumbnails are slow no one is going to use them
> over the current scale views.
Unity has many different ways to switch windows and I'm used to switching
with alt+tab but for some reason it's window is very slow and takes some
time to pop up before I can switch to the desired window. What's up with
that?