Re: A rather radical Unity design idea with mockups

Hi Stefanos,
I know the orientation of icons seem off at first sight but if you
think about it in action, you would wanna see the icons close to your
mouse when you aimed at bottom left to activate the Launcher.
Otherwise it would be too much mouse motion and it would not fully
serve the purpose of making bottom left the center of launching new
applications.
I think by "second mockup" you're referring to Launcher-at-bottom. But
it is just an optional, user-configurable layout. The default is
Launcher-on-left. But think about turning your screen (or tablet)
sideways... it's good to have options ;) Better thing would be an
option called "place the Launcher on the short edge"