Re: New mockups for theme selector (ubuntu 12.04 )

Am 08.09.2011 04:22, schrieb Jeremy Bicha:
On 7 September 2011 17:05, Daniel Planas<lightgraphite@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I created a wiki page with all information, hope you like.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/gnome-apperance-mockups
Are you aware that simply selecting a different theme in the drop-down
immediately applies the changes? Why do you want to show a preview of
the changes? In fact, I think immediately changing the theme makes
more sense than a preview.

Every change in System Settings takes effect immediately, except for
the few that unfortunately require logging out first (or Additional
Drivers which can require a reboot). This is because instant-apply
preferences are a part of the GNOME HIG.

If we exclude the preview feature, what is the purpose of having a
separate Appearance window? What is the use case for allowing users to
easily select Ambiance for the GTK+ theme and Radiance for the window
theme (which was allowed in the old Appearances dialog)? I suggest
that users who want to do extensive theme mixing and matching use
gnome-tweak-tool (which, by the way, welcomes contributions).

Jeremy Bicha