User-Indicator/Me-Menu shows icon AND user-name (adds clutter to 11.10)

In the top-panel in the upper-right corner of Oneiric Ocelot where the Indicators list,
 every indicator has one icon/entry representing it except for the
User/Me Indicator. It has two. It displays a human-shaped head/shoulders
 (bust) AND the written name of the user. It mistakenly gives the
impression to users that TWO indicators are represented. Displaying two
entries as "one indicator" is unnecessary and ultimately just adds
clutter to the top-panel. Every other Indicator displays only one
icon/entry in the Top-Panel. For example, the "Envelope" alone is enough
 to communicate the Messaging-Menu. The User/Me Indicator should only
have one entry as well.

For the User-Indicator, perhaps the user's name OR the human-bust
icon could be used but not both. Or perhaps the human-bust icon could be
 somehow merged with the written name so that they at least don't
physically appear separated (something like what was done with the
Session-Indicator gaining the "settings wheel" on the lower right).

I regularly look for the Time (clock) Indicator and it can get lost
in all the Indicators if it "drifts" too far from the left-most
"Session-Indicator."I'm hoping others will agree with me on this issue.

I filed a bug report on this here:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/852765

Follow ups