Re: Dash search vs Alt+F2 in 11.10

Den 22. sep. 2011 20:40, skrev Alex Launi:
Can someone explain why we think we want the ability to run rm directly from unity anyway? Is there a single person who wants this functionality who doesn't have a terminal open all of the time anyway?

rm is a bad example. But being able to restart compiz using "compiz --replace" without opening a terminal and running "nohup compiz --replace" is a good reason to keep it around. Or to quickly open a root nautilus. (Which itself is an example of situations when it should not be necessary to run a command) Stuff like that.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad