Re: something wrong ??

On 10/03/2011 01:26 PM, Anup Verma wrote:
Friends, don't you find any problem with the algorithm used to search in the software center. Giving you an example:

Let us search for MultiGet. When I write "Mult" in the search MultiGet appears at the 6th position. As soon as I add 'i', I see that surprisingly, MultiGet now appears at 10th position with some rather irrelevant options before it.

Not understandable...

I can confirm this. Looks like matches in the app name doesn't score comparatively higher than matches in the descriptions. You should file a bug on Launchpad if there isn't already one...

Cheers,
Mikkel