Re: Re-design applications to fit with the global menu

Personally, I'd like the global menu to be optional. I have tried to
use it in my desktop, and with any screen beyond 20" inches it becomes
pretty annoying.
Any application in a small window placed in the lower half of the
screen becomes a problem. Any small windows placed in the right half
of the screen becomes a problem. It takes an extra effort to discover
if the menu you're accessing belongs to the app you want.
In my oppinion, it's a step backwards, and if the problem was vertical
space, why not rendering the menu on the top border of the window's
chrome instead?
The drawing package MyPaint has added recently (in its development
version) an interesting concept, similar to Opera's menu button.
AFAIK Gnome3's "global menu" uses a similar aproach (a single button
with the name of the app that rolls down the menu bar, arranged
vertically)

I wonder if that can't be rendered on the chrome instead of an
exclusive menu bar when it's "windowed" and rendered on the global
menu when maximized. The vertical space saved would be exactly the
same.
It's compatible with the window buttons position both in maximized and
windowed states, it allows to display the entire name instead of that
ugly small portion of the title faded out horizontally and wouldn't
give problems even in a panel full of indicators in a small screen.

What do you think?