Re: usability of unity's launcher when used in auto-hide mode

Yes, I've thought about this for some time. I think a possible solution would be to use the "strength" of which you move the cursor into the edge to decide if the launcher should be displayed or not. For instance, if you move the mouse cursor to the edge from 200px away, then that tells me you want to hit the edge. If the pointer is close to the edge, then it should only be shown if you keep pushing the pointer towards the edge. Speed could also be used as part of the decision making.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad