Re: reduce the font and ui size

I also have no problem with the size. I think that they are perfect, but I know many persons who say the font is too big...

Just found out that you can change it in the accessibility menu, but small is too small, and normal is ideal.

Found it out cause I thought they may be older persons who wants big fonts

Am 16.10.2011 16:27, schrieb Eylem Koca:
Exactly. It's not about what size is right. It's about being able to customize it to your own liking.

Eylem

On 10/16/11 9:56 AM, nick rundy wrote:
I've had the opposite experience with Windows. I find the Windows font painfully small and scanty.

It's always refreshing to get to use Ubuntu with ubuntu-font because I feel like the font size and everything is sized just right. One of the things I like about Ubuntu over Windows is how, in my opinion, ubuntu sizes everything just right.

I guess we have the opposite impressions/experiences.

Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 01:54:30 +0700
From: charlesalva@xxxxxxxxx
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ayatana] reduce the font and ui size

dear unity developer team,

could you please reduce the default font and ui size of unity and ubuntu overall, they really taking much screen real estate, or at least give us option to reduce the dpi or ppi setting like the one in windows.

after playing with unity and ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10, and changing back to windows, it feels that windows font and ui size are much better, perhaps because it's smaller. for people who love big size font and ui still could enlarge them from dpi or ppi setting. in windows there's a 96% ppi, 100% ppi, and 125% ppi. i also believe in mac osx, the font and ui size are almost identical small with windows.

with all due respect, we're still young, perhaps the bigger one for the old folks, i know my boss love the bigger font size since he is 50+ years old. at least make it more attractive with younger audience.

i often to reduce font size in gnome classic to get the point as windows font and ui size, but somehow they still look big for monitors under 1920x1080 resolution. :(

i've been quite a long ubuntu users since 7.04 up until now. our office use ubuntu as their primary os up to the end 2010 and changed back to windows due to back office program changing.

though unity has great appearance, i find it hard to use when opening multi applications and change them back and forth. gotta love the old task bar on top or below. the side bar is really short due to all monitor tends to have shorter vertical pixel.

anyway, keep up the good work, looking forward to 12.04 lts version! hope the UI experience will be much smoother and more polished.

kind regards,

/charles
everytime i get ahead, i feel more dead.