Re: simple NLP in dash

Am 17.10.2011 15:09, schrieb frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx:
i'd like to type (and one day speak) natural language to achieve simple things, such as adding an appointment to my calendar or showing all pictures i copied, viewed, created or edited last tuesday..

for this to be possible, the dash would have to start making a difference between precise statements (known) and fuzzy expressions (guessed). A precise statement aka a known e.g. would be "rm -R /home/fred/oldphotos" or "update-manger -d" or something of the kind, while a fuzzy statement would be any input that doesn't match the known reference tables.

this way it is possible to employ natural instructions as a user, such as "add an appointment at 7am tomorrow" or "schedule a task for 5pm" or "wake up at 6am".

wouldn't that be something?
this would also solve the problem of whether or not to interpret regular shell commands in the dash, there would simply be knowns and guesses, end of story.