Re: semi-transparent indicator menus

Trouble is that alpha and blur on window title bars could become very heavy when working with multiple non-maximised windows.

On 30/10/11 10:01, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:17, Matt Richardson <m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I love this idea so I did some mockups:

    Desktop <http://ubuntuone.com/6Oysw1NarMc480p07l7wIm>
    Dash <http://ubuntuone.com/6NLh3oKNIJ0ALbfyRoogv5>
    Window Theme <http://ubuntuone.com/05Hl8aeQbAMt5avbm3uMLm>
    Indicator Menu <http://ubuntuone.com/6zGYwEXymv7HvbN8Y6PYD6>

    I recommend downloading the attachments and viewing them
    fullscreen to get a real idea.
    The window theme and the indicator menu are not transparent, but I
    don't think they need to be either. In this particular case
    transparency adds graphical requirement without achieving a great
    deal IMHO. I think that an opaque theme which dynamically matches
    the background colour would work just as well.

    Thoughts?

fake transparency is what this method has been called for long.
I still prefer some alpha, perhaps with blur..