buttons in file browser

Hi All,

I just noticed last night that the tool bar for the file browser under
unity (I presume this is nautilus) has gone for 11.10. Obviously this is
intentional but does anyone know why?

The only reason I ask is that when working with large file sets I often
switch between icon or detail view, based on the nature of the files I'm
viewing (with photography sometimes I'm concerned about the file size,
sometimes I care about the extension and sometimes I'm interested in the
preview). I'm sure there is a keyboard short cut to change this, but it
took me a good minute or two to figure out where I can change the view from
icons to detail and back again. I found the menu initially confusing and
wasn't sure if I was to right mouse click on the top of the window, on the
files pane or to go to the global menu or where I could change the order.
I'm sure I will get used to it, just curious why the very useful toolbar
was removed.

Cheers,

James.

Follow ups