Re: Unity Lens Mockup.

I  don't like how the lens are looking for 11.10 in unity so I made come
> mock ups.

I think all the mockups give the impression that selection of the lens
directly affects the search bar, while not making it apparent that the
whole lens area is affected. Overall though I think I like the second one
the best, the other two will suffer as more lenses are added but do utilise
the screen better.

I don't mind the control at the top, which to me would make more sense as
you have just selected the lens launcher and thus the lens selection is on
the same level, kinda consistent with applications that have window
controls or application controls along the top. In my mind, the lens
selection should be near the top, not at the bottom (though maybe for a
touch screen it's irrelevant as you would swipe between lenses I presume).

Do you mind if I ask how you did the mockups? Do you just use The Gimp?

Cheers,
James.