Re: The dash should display recent stuff.

i like the idea. I think the dash should become like a "central hub" for many things the user does. With enough work it could be one of ubuntu's killa feature.

and of course allow for some customization for what the user needs.

anyway the discussions for changing the home screen are being held at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/885738