Re: Two dimensional launcher?

i like the idea.
i actually used the gnome 2 panel drawers on a "launcher" panel i had on
the left side of my screen before natty. so my setup was actually a lot
like what you seem to have described.
these days i've taken to doing the same thing with a quicklist. for example
i stuck all the libreoffice stuff into a quicklist on a single button and
i've got another one for various tools and utilities.
it does keep my launcher more tidy but i don't think it's that great of an
option to be honest. if i put my art programs in a single button i wouldn't
be able to drag a file onto the launcher for the program in the quicklists.
--
Josh Strawbridge